Monday, June 22, 2015

Two out of three issues resolved

The biggest issue, of course, being a lack of clothes, toiletries, and pretty much everything. I really didn't expect this to happen and was quite caught off guard not having anything more than the absolute essentials for my first night and morning in Melbourne. I was so glad to see these two suitcases in my room when I returned after my first day of work this evening.
Notice all of the re-routing stickers? They must have had quite a journey. I have never been so happy to unpack!

The other issue I resolved was Wifi. I can get 30 minutes free per day at the hotel, but can't hook up my work laptop to it. So I bought a new sim card for the modem that I borrowed from Kelly last year. The Optus store wasn't open on Sunday so I had to resolve that one today. Now I am good to go. 

Next up is resolving my cash issue. . . having difficulties with ATMs here in the city, but Chris is going to help me with that and I am getting by with credit cards just fine for two days. 

My first day at the office! So good to see everybody (well, just about everybody - some have left or are on leave) again and meet a few new folks. Some rearranging means that they are not all in the same spots that I remember them in last year. . . though I don't think I remember it that well. 

A good day. Not too many formal meetings (I kept it that way on purpose), but lots of catch ups with important folks and two different trips out for coffee which was a requirement! I did not sleep last well due to jet lag and anxiety over lost luggage.

Next up: getting some weekend plans in place and adjusting to the time zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment