Friday, June 19, 2015

Second Trip

Hi! I haven't posted in almost a year and now I am back because it's time for my second trip down under. I am currently in the Philadelphia Airport, Gate 24C, which will board in a little more than an hour for the flight BEFORE mine. I hope to be on the flight to LAX after that. . . more on flight delays later.

First, a few of the things I am doing differently on my trip to Australia. Unfortunately none of them are the three things in my last post from 2014. I am not bringing my family, nor taking a holiday at the end, and I'm actually going to be gone fewer days instead of increasing my stay to 3 weeks.

I booked a different hotel. I liked Quest a lot, but it did not have a gym. I just couldn't exercise outdoors as much as I wanted last year, so I checked with my friend Monica at work who has been to Melbourne twice. Her ultimate recommendation was Oaks on Market. 5 min walk from the office, studio apartment, gym, and laundry service. Sounds good.

The other thing I did differently was book a coach flight for the second leg of the trip. My company will pay for business class if you are going 8 hours or more, but I just couldn't justify the exorbitant price of a late-booked trip on business class. 15 hours in coach from LAX->MEL means that I am going to give Zzzzquil a try. I didn't sleep at all on the flights last year, except for an uncomfortable nap on the way home to Philly from LAX. I piloted the Zzzzquil at a hotel in Reading last weekend and was pleased with the results. So we shall see what happens.

Chris set me up with talk and text, so I feel more connected. I borrowed a nice big suitcase from my friend Ken. Bringing a "real" coat with me this time. I was cold by the end last year and felt conspicuously American in purple. So, it's the black peacoat TL helped me buy this time around.

I think those are the differences. So wish me luck and follow along on my next trip to Australia.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are blogging.

    Seattle is wonderful. We fly out tomorrow..

    ReplyDelete