Friday, July 18, 2014

When You Come Back. . .

"When you come back," they say, "bring your family."

". . . Take a holiday afterwards."

". . . Stay for three weeks next time."

Like it's a foregone conclusion that this was just my first trip to Australia. 

Maybe they're right.

I am worn out and ready to return home. I miss my family, my routine, and my US team. 

But it has been such a productive trip that I really hope that they are right. I will bring a little bit of Vanguard Investments Australia back with me and I'll feel more equpped to advocate for my colleagues on the other side of the earth.

Those voices on the other end of the line have faces for me now, and personalities and private jokes to go with them. 

 And I think I should take their advice. When I come back, I'll stay longer, bring my family, and take a vacation.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet. I m glad it was a good trip. I enjoyed reading your blog and can't wait to hear more about your trip in person!

    ReplyDelete