Thursday, July 3, 2014

Bonus Day in Sydney!

Those storms that delayed our plane from arriving on time in L.A. had a silver lining for me. After so many delays and re-routes, I needed to rebook my flight to Melbourne from Sydney. When Jane the courteous Qantas agent asked me if I minded waiting an hour, I asked if she could move to even later in the day so I could go see the Opera House. She not only did that, she played travel agent and gave me a short itinerary and directions on how to use the train. She suggested that in check out The Rocks, botanical garden, and harbor bridge, too. I did it all.

Harbor bridge: you can't miss it, Jane, said.

Government House at the Botanical Garden

The Rocks. I had lunch near this Convict.

Opera House! I got up a lot closer, don't worry.

Couldn't help but think of Dad in a city that had sailing, breathtaking architecture, and a world class botanical garden all within minutes of each other.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Way to make the best out of your plane delay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One might worry about a woman traveling alone who hits travel delays and doesn't have a functioning ATM card . . . but this is the same woman who traveled across Mexico alone by bus in 1997.

    ReplyDelete