Friday, July 4, 2014

First Morning in Melbourne

I was proud of myself for sleeping until 6 after my first night in Australia. It was still dark when I got up and the hot shower felt sooo good! Breakfast in the apartment was easy and relaxing since I did some shopping after arriving last night. I sipped my coffee and watched the sun come up.

At 8:30, I was ready to explore the city, but having trouble finding this that were open. Immigration museum opens at 10 and the internet place, Optus, wasn't open yet either. Federation Square was open by 9 and has free WiFi! I checked out the visitors' center and video conferenced the kids. :-)

Federation Square was impressive.

I took a free tour and found a history exhibit. Chris will be proud.

Also penguins at the Australian Museum of the Moving Image for Aberdeen and Nate:

Eating lunch now at a little place below the history stuff. Hot soup is a must on this chilly day!

Posting this using the free wifi again, but my next mission is to figure that out for the rest of the trip. And maybe give that Immigration museum another try.


No comments:

Post a Comment