Sunday, July 13, 2014

Great Ocean Road

Today I took a tour of a beautiful scenic drive called Great Ocean Road. The bus stopped at several places for photographs, each one more captivating than the last.

We were allowed to go down to the beach at Urquhart Bluffs. 

The toffee colored sand was fine and soft. I wanted to dig a hole and build a sand castle right there in the dead of Australia winter. Good thing Andrew wasn't with me or we probably would have abandoned the tour and done just that.

We were traveling west, and it was high tide the whole way.

I had a good seat on the coach and could see the ocean during part of the drive. There was almost always a rainbow over the sea, sometimes short and vibrant, sometimes long and faint, and once, an enormous double arc that I didn't even attempt to capture with my camera.

Is that why they call it Oz?

No comments:

Post a Comment