Friday, July 11, 2014

Well Deserved Night Out

Another very productive day at the office in spite of my painfully slow internet connection. I still connect to the network in the US, so I have to sit there and watch the computer chug through, trying to read my email, download documents, and load web pages. I did not know how reliant I had become on lightning fast internet connections and get frustrated that I can never get caught up with my email.

Anyway, there was a farewell for another American coworker who was heading back to the states after nine weeks here. Imagine nine weeks! I was invited to join the celebration even though I had nothing to do with her during her stay. It felt good to get out and relax with many of the folks I've met.

Then Rachael took me out to dinner at a Noodle restaurant. The queue was very long, but we were willing to eat outside, so not too bad. Here's my delicious soup.

A little embarrassed that I could not deal with chopsticks, even after a lesson, but oh well. We did a little shopping in Chinatown and I bought a Totoro for Caroline.

Tomorrow: the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Nor can I use chopsticks, and cannot IMAGINE trying to use them for soup!

    ReplyDelete