Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Skydeck at Night

I always remember loving tall buildings and especially like to visit one at the beginning of a trip to get the perspective of the city. Chris has indulged me on this many times, but I think he kind of likes skyscrapers, too. Last night I had a lot more energy and grabbed a quick dinner at the apartment before heading out to the highest public vantage point in the Southern Hemisphere. 

The Eureka tower is really close to he apartment and the office so it only took me a few minutes to get there and a quick elevator ride to the top. Here's my office building from the Skydeck.

It's a big city and seems to go on and on. The Yarra River:

Federation Square:

Of course I went on the terrace like a crazy person, in spite of the warning.

No joke! I was pretty wind blown after that.

The best part was that I bought a two day pass, so with any luck I can sneak over there again after work or during lunch to see the city again in daylight or at dusk. I bought a few post cards which I hope to mail from here.

Finally, a palm tree for my Sam.

Other than that adventure, it's been a lot of work. A call again last night and two tonight. And a 6:30 am with my team in the US that was very helpful.


2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised it took Sherry this many days to get to that tower. Usually the highest tower is our first stop in a city. However, we waited until our final day to hit Coit Tower in San Francisco back in 2012.

    ReplyDelete