Sunday, July 13, 2014

Upstairs

One section of the museum upstairs was dedicated to the history of Melbourne. It was really interesting! One exhibit that I found particularly fascination was about a big insane asylum. It contained the daily rations, a letter from the disgruntled brother of a released inmate, and description of life there, including the blue plates that were marked "Lunatic Asylum" so the residents never forgot it.

On a more pleasant note, I enjoyed walking through these model homes and hearing the stories of their owners. It was exactly the kind of museum I would bring Sam and Caroline, so it felt kind of funny to be there without them.

I decided to take the free tram that circles the city to get back. I picked it up alright, but down at the docklands, it started to turn around and come back the way it came. I hopped off because I didn't want to go all the way back around town. I was a little bothered by a long walk back (should've just figured out how to get another non-free tram back) until I saw a rainbow on my way over the bridge. Can you see it here?



1 comment:

  1. That museum reminds me of Museum of Civilization outside Ottawa. Am I on target?

    ReplyDelete