Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Week two

My mom misses my posts, so I thought I should tell you what I've been doing, even though it has not been much.

Monday was a very long day - I stayed at the office until 8 and discovered that the lights go out automatically around 7. I had a lot of meetings that day and could not finish all of my follow up items from each of them. I also felt the demands of my team in Malvern.

On Tuesday I went to a fun Women In Leadership event at lunch. It was called ETFs Demystified, and I learned a little bit more about the business. It was a good session. Tuesday night I went out for my first dinner with my colleagues. We went to a very nice place called The Deanery, and I had some delicious Tazmanian fish.

Today I went to lunch with a couple of women from IT. I didn't know them very well, so it was awfully nice of them to want to go out with me. I really enjoyed getting to know them and feel like we have a better foundation for the next time we work on something together. One was from India and the other lived in Melbourne her whole life. I felt like we had a lot in common.

I did a little shopping after work and bought myself a necklace made by a local artist.

Maybe I'll wear it tomorrow.

I continue to have a lot of productive meetings and feel as though I've made another connection, learned something new, or accomplished something I couldn't have done over the phone. It has been a very worthwhile trip. 

The adrenaline has worn off, though. It's that point of the trip where it's somewhat normal to work out of the Melbourne office, yet I know there are only two days left and I can only do so much more.

One thing I'll definitely do is transport a whole bunch of Tim Tams back to my coworkers in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment